Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg laboratory is a CAP accredited, CLIA licensed, full-service clinical laboratory that provides high-quality, cost-effective service to physicians, clinics, hospitals, researchers, skilled nursing facilities and employers. Through dedication, attention to detail and exemplary customer service, we have become one of the most trusted and reliable laboratories in the area.
St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area (727) 893-6104
Toll Free (800) 605-9667
Fax (727) 893-6977
Bayfront’s laboratories are dedicated to high-quality service and patient-centered care. Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.